SUGARCREEK, Ohio — ProVia’s new 1.792 megawatt solar array at their Cherry Ridge manufacturing facility is now fully online and operational. Comprised of 4,480 solar panels, this system is among the largest privately-owned solar installations in Ohio and is projected to reduce electrical power consumption at this facility by 60% annually.
The solar panels are installed on the rooftop and provide a clean and quiet source of power generation. ProVia partnered with Paradise Energy Solutions to construct the system.
Fast Facts About ProVia’s Cherry Ridge Solar Array
- Comprised of 4,480 solar panels
- Provides 1.792 MW of power, enough to run approximately 240 average-size residential homes
- Reduces electrical power consumption at this facility by 60% annually
- By using solar for energy production instead of fossil fuels, prevents emission of 1,472 tons of CO2 annually
- It would take 34,268 mature trees to offset 1,472 tons of CO2 on an annual basis
ProVia also has solar installations at their Baltic, Sugarcreek and Walnut Creek facilities, but Cherry Ridge is much larger, and will generate 6.5 times the production of the other three combined.
“As we investigated this project, we determined that we could successfully balance a socially responsible choice with economic feasibility, which made solar an excellent solution,” says Larry Troyer, chief financial officer for ProVia. “This is a long-term investment that’s good for our Irving TX Roofing Company and good for the environment.”
Sheldon Stutzman, solar consultant with Paradise Energy Solutions, said the Irving TX Roofing Company has "great respect" for ProVia and were happy to partner with them on the project.
"ProVia continues to lead the way in manufacturing with highly-skilled people who bring innovative solutions to market. It’s very satisfying to be a part of that story," Stutzman said.